The University of Portland is accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities, 8060 165th Avenue N.E., Ste. 100, Redmond, WA, 98052-3981.

The bachelor’s and master’s degrees in theater are accredited by the National Association of Schools of Theatre, 11250 Roger Bacon Drive, Suite 21, Reston, VA, 20190, (703) 437-0700.

The bachelor’s degree in music is accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music, 11250 Roger Bacon Drive, Suite 21, Reston, VA, 20190, (703) 437-0700.

The Dr. Robert B. Pamplin, Jr. School of Business Administration’s undergraduate and graduate programs are accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International), 777 South Harbour Island Boulevard, Suite 750, Tampa, FL 33602-5730, (813) 769-6500 (Fax: 813-769-6559).

The School of Education is accredited undergraduate and graduate level through the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) and Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP), 2010 Massachusetts Avenue NW, Suite 500, Washington, D.C., 20036-1023, (202) 466-7496.

The bachelor of science degree programs in civil, electrical, and mechanical engineering are accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission and that in computer science is accredited by the Computing Accreditation Commission of ABET, 111 Market Place, Suite 1050, Baltimore, MD, 21202, (410) 347-7700.

The School of Nursing baccalaureate, master’s, and doctoral degree programs are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE), One Dupont Circle, NW, Suite 530, Washington, DC, 20036-1120, (202) 887-6791.

The bachelor’s degree in social work is accredited by the Council on Social Work Education, 1725 Duke Street, Suite 500, Alexandria, VA, 22314-3457, phone (703) 683-8080; Fax: (703) 683-8099; E-mail:

Documents describing the University of Portland’s accreditation can be reviewed by contacting the Office of the Provost at Contact information for filing a complaint with each accrediting body is listed above; contact the accrediting agency directly for procedures for filing such a complaint.